- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Jet Airways shares skyrocket over 122 per cent on NSE
Jet Airways shares witnessed an unexpected rally on the bourses in Thursday's trading session. The share bounced back sharply after witnessing massive correction over the last few weeks, to close over 122 per cent higher on the NSE.
Jet Airways shares witnessed an unexpected rally on the bourses in Thursday's trading session. The share bounced back sharply after witnessing massive correction over the last few weeks, to close over 122 per cent higher on the NSE. After a highly volatile trading session, the share skyrocketed whopping 93.35 per cent to close at Rs 64 on the BSE. Check out highlights of day:
1. Earlier in the day, shares of the company had touched its all-time low of Rs 27, down 18.42 per cent.
2. At the NSE, shares surged by 122.20 per cent to close at Rs 73.55. In intra-day trade, it touched a high of Rs 82.75 and an all-time low of Rs 26.55.
3. With Thursday's gain, the scrip halted the 13-days downtrend. In the last 13 trading days, shares of Jet Airways have tumbled 78 per cent.
4. A consortium of 26 bankers, led by the State Bank of India, earlier this week took the airline to the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) to recover their dues of over Rs 8,500 crore.
5. Jet Airways, started over 25 years ago, stopped flying on April 17th after it ran out of cash and unpaid lessors took away most of its 100-odd operational airplanes.
6. The Sensex closed at 39,601.63, surging 488.89 points and 1.25% on Thursday.
7. There were also some hopes that the NCLT will order some relief to the troubled Jet Airways.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.