Is your old phone eligible for Reliance Jio’s Monsoon Hungama offer?; here’s what you need to know
The ‘Monsoon Hungama’ of Reliance Jio has become live now for customers, who are willing to avail this offer. It began at 5:01 PM today, however, please note that this offer is only valid for the JioPhone, and not the newly launched JioPhone 2, which will be available starting August 15 at Rs 2,999. JioPhone Monsoon Hungama Offer is a special offer from Jio in which you can exchange your existing phone for a brand new JioPhone at an effective price of Rs. 501 only. Under this, users will get UNLIMITED VOICE & DATA for 6 MONTHS on paying only Rs 594 at the time of activation. Additionally JioPhone users under this offer will also get a special exchange bonus of 6GB data voucher, worth Rs 101.
Further, there is a combined offering of a JioPhone at effectively Rs 501 and a 6 months unlimited voice and data recharge of Rs 594.
RJio spokesperson said, “There are currently 2 JioPhone plans available: Rs 49 and Rs 153. The Rs 49 plan is a kind of trial plan with 1 GB monthly data, whereas our highest selling plan Rs 153 provides 1.5 GB data/day.
The spokesperson added, “We realized that there are some users who may want lesser data and therefore must get the plan at a lower price. Hence we are introducing Rs 99 with unlimited free voice, 0.5GB data/day and 300 SMS for 28 days. This will reduce the monthly spends straight away by nearly 50%.”
But for those who are going to exchange their existing phones, here’s what you should know about this offer.
Your old phone must meet the following conditions to be eligible for exchange:
- Mobile phone in working condition currently (Handset must be in working condition without any damage/missing parts or broken/burnt parts) Mobiles that were sold in the last 3.5 years (1 st Jan’ 2015 onwards) are eligible for exchange.
- Any 2G, 3G, 4G (non-VOLTE) devices will be accepted for exchange.
- JioPhone or any CDMA or operator locked devices WILL NOT be accepted for exchange. 5. Apart from Battery & Charger, no other accessories (like headphone etc.) are required for exchange.
This what you should carry while going to exchange your old featured phone.
- Old mobile phone in working condition
- Battery and Charger of old phone
- Aadhaar number
- In case of MNP, please carry the new MNP JIO number