- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
IndiGo's co-founder not intent on taking control of company - CEO
One of the co-founders of India`s largest airline IndiGo has no plans of taking control of the carrier, its Chief Executive said on Saturday
One of the co-founders of India`s largest airline IndiGo has no plans of taking control of the carrier, its Chief Executive said on Saturday, two days after parent InterGlobe Aviation Ltd shares fell over a media report about alleged differences between the co-founders. InterGlobe`s shares fell 9 percent on Thursday after India`s most read business newspaper Economic Times reported that the co-founders and two largest shareholders were at odds over its expansion. The shares were up slightly on Friday.
Co-founders Rahul Bhatia and Rakesh Gangwal, along with their respective families, each control stakes of slightly less than 40 percent in the airline`s holding company, giving them both a major say in its strategy and plans.
"I am authorized by Mr. Rakesh Gangwal to make the following statement on his behalf - `I am categorically and clearly stating that there is no interest or desire whatsoever on the part of the RG Group to take control of the company`," Ronojoy Dutta, Chief Executive of IndiGo said in a statement.
IndiGo, SpiceJet and GoAir have been rushing to fill the vacuum left by the collapse of Jet Airways, once India`s largest carrier, and gain control of its valuable slots. IndiGo, launched in 2006, has a nearly 47% market share in India. The airline has a fleet of 225 aircraft and flies to more than 70 destinations globally.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.