Here are 5 start-ups to look out for at CES 2017
From new innovations in the self-driving cars to the latest AR and VR gear, many launches have been unveiled.
With the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2017 kicking off from January 5, there have already been several launches unveiled by many companies. From new innovations in the self-driving cars to the latest AR and VR gear, many launches have been unveiled.
However, some of the innovations do come out from some of the most promising start-ups. Here are some of the start-ups to look out for at CES 2017, according to a CB Insights report.
1. Flexport: The start-up is a licensed freight forwarder that uses people and software to manage the complexity of international trade. It has raised a total funding of $91.6 million. Some of the top investors that have invested in it include Bloomberg Beta, Susa Ventures and Founders Fund.
2. Markforged: The company a manufacturer of carbon fiber additives. The start-up has created a 3D printer capable of printing continuous carbon fiber, Kevlar and fiberglass. It has received a total of $1.1 million in funding. Some the investors include Matrix Partners, North Bridget Venture Partners.
3. Netatmo: The start-up has been working to create a various smart products for the home that allow users to monitor security, weather and air quality. It has till currently received equity financing of $38.4 million and investors include BPI France, C4 Ventures and Iris Capital.
4. Occipital: The company uses hardware and software to scan objects and create representations of them in the virtual world. The technology has a variety of use cases in augmented and virtual reality. It has received a total funding of $21.3 million and investors include Foundry Group, Grishin Robotics and Shea Ventures.
5. Sigfox: Sigfox is a start-up that provides cellular connectivity for Internet of Things and Machine-to-Machine communications. It has raised a total of $311 million in investment. Some of the investors include Samsung Ventures, Partech Ventures and Intel Capital.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.