- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
GMR, Terna sign concession agreement for new airport in Greece
The concession period for the project is 35 years including phase 1 construction of five years, the company added.
GMR Infrastructure Friday said its subsidiary GMR Airports and its Greek partner Terna Group have signed a concession agreement for construction of the new international airport in Greece's island Crete. The consortium intends to invest over EUR 500 million (approx Rs 4,034.28 crore) for development of the new airport, GMR Infrastructure said in a regulatory filing.
The concession agreement is for design, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. The concession period for the project is 35 years including phase 1 construction of five years, the company added.
GMR Infra said the entire project will be funded through a mix of equity, accruals from the existing airport, and financial grant being provided by the Greece government."Debt is not required in this project," the company added.
Watch This Zee Business Video
This is GMR Group's first foray in the European Union (EU) region and the company said it is looking forward to expanding its footprint in the EU.
Shares of GMR Infra were trading 0.93 per cent higher at Rs 16.25 apiece on BSE.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.