- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
GAIL posts 20 pc rise in Q4 net profit; declares 1:1 bonus
GAIL India Monday reported a 20 per cent rise in its March quarter net profit as margins on natural gas sales and transmission more than made up for the loss in the petrochemical business.
State gas utility GAIL India Monday reported a 20 per cent rise in its March quarter net profit as margins on natural gas sales and transmission more than made up for the loss in the petrochemical business. Net profit in January-March at Rs 1,222.23 crore, or Rs 4.98 per share, was 19.70 per cent higher than Rs 1,020.92 crore, or Rs 4.53 a share, net profit in the same period of the previous fiscal year, the company said in a regulatory filing.
Revenue rose to Rs 18,763.87 crore in the fourth quarter of 2018-19 fiscal year when compared with Rs 15,430.69 crore net profit in the year-ago period.
The board of GAIL also approved a 1:1 bonus - issue of one free share for every share held. GAIL had a segment loss of Rs 20 crore in its petrochemical business. Also, pre-tax profit on LPG and liquid hydrocarbons business halved to Rs 416.15 crore.
This, however, was made good by higher margins on gas transmission and natural gas sales businesses. Pre-tax profit on gas transmission business rose 8.3 per cent to Rs 777.92 crore while that on natural gas marketing tripled to Rs 587.53 crore.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.