- Dalal Street Voice: Who will make money in 2022? S. Naren decodes ABCDEF of investing
- Vedant Fashions IPO: Price band fixed at Rs 824-866; issue opens on February 4
- A ‘Humble’ US Fed in January meeting, likely to be ‘Nimble’ footed for the March interest rate hike
- Budget 2022 Expectations: What electric vehicle industry demands from FM Nirmala Sitharaman; Here is the wishlist
- Kotak Mahindra Bank q3 result: PAT jumps 31% YoY to Rs 3,403 crore in December
French drugmaker Sanofi to appoint Novartis' Paul Hudson as next CEO
Sanofi is poised to appoint Paul Hudson, a top executive with Switzerland`s Novartis, to become the French drugmaker`s next CEO from September 1.
Sanofi is poised to appoint Paul Hudson, a top executive with Switzerland`s Novartis, to become the French drugmaker`s next CEO from September 1, a source familiar with the decision told Reuters on Thursday. Current Sanofi SA CEO Olivier Brandicourt will leave the company to retire, said the source, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the matter.
"Hudson has been chosen because of his reputation. He is known as a solid manager and has an expertise in digital relating to pharmaceuticals," the source said.
A spokeswoman with Sanofi had no comment. Officials at Novartis AG could not be reached for comment.
Reuters had reported on March 18 Sanofi was working to find a successor to Brandicourt.
Hudson, born in 1967 according to Novartis` website, has been CEO of Novartis Pharmaceuticals unit since 2016. He is a member of Novartis` executive committee.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.