Facebook announces new transparency measures, buying options for video ads
Facebook on Friday announced new measures such as more impression level data, audit, third-party verification and new choices for video buying to increase transparency and accountability among marketers.
1. In 2017, the social networking site has announced to introduce more impression level data, audit, third-party verification and new choices for video buying
2. The company has now expanded its third-party verification by partnering with 24 global third-party measurement partners
3. The company will announce three new choices for advertisers for video buying namely-Completed-view buying, Two-second buying and Sound-on buying
As a part of its consistent efforts to increase accountability and to provide new choices for marketers, Facebook on Friday announced new transparency measures and buying options for video ads featured on Facebook, Instagram and across Audience Network.
In 2017, the social networking site has announced to introduce more impression level data, audit, third-party verification and new choices for video buying which will provide in-depth information and transparency about ad impressions on Facebook and Instagram to marketers.
"Our verification partners will receive more detailed information about ad impressions on Facebook and Instagram to help provide marketers with better insights. We will start providing specific in-view and duration data for display ads, including a) Milliseconds that an ad was on the screen, b) Milliseconds that 50% of the ad was on the screen, c) Milliseconds that 100% of the ad was on the screen," cited Facebook in a blog post on Friday.
On audit, the company said, "We are committing to an audit by the Media Rating Council (MRC) to verify the accuracy of the information we deliver to our partners."
To increase the transparency on the adverts featured on its social media websites, the company has now expanded its third-party verification by partnering with 24 global third-party measurement partners.
"We’ve been working closely with marketers to understand their measurement needs on key topics such as reach, attribution, audience demographics, brand lift, offline sales and mobile app measurement. Independent verification continues to expand and we now have 24 global third-party measurement partners so marketers can work with their preferred vendor," Facebook said in a post.
Later in the present year, the company has said that it will provide more choice to advertisers for video buying with the introduction of three new buying options for video ads across Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network.
According to the blog post, Facebook will announce following three new video buying options:
1. Completed-view buying: Advertisers will only pay for video ads that have been viewed in their entirety, for any duration up to 10 seconds
2. Two-second buying: Compliant with the MRC video standard, where at least 50% of an ad’s pixels are in-view for two continuous seconds or longer
3. Sound-on buying: Advertisers will have the ability to buy sound-on video ads
Facebook is confident that with the introduction of new options it will help marketers to enhance reach of their video ads to more people.
"We are confident that these new options, when combined with creative best practices for mobile, will help deliver well-crafted video ads to more people who will watch and take action," it said in a blog post.
ALSO READ: Now go live on Facebook from desktop
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.