- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Hindustan Coca-Cola may layoff 250 jobs in India
Bottling giant, HCCB, may be gearing up to cut a number of jobs alongside focusing on stronger sales in the coming years.
- The jobs of IT, HR, special projects personnel may be impacted.
- HCCB is focusing on a turnover of $2.5 billion in sales by 2020.
- It currently has 21 factories in the country.
Nearly 200-250 senior and middle-level executives jobs are in dangerous at the largest bottling arm Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages.
"Some of us are being given less senior roles, while others are being asked to shift to obscure locations," an HCCB executive was quoted by a report in Times of India on Tuesday.
"People who are not finding the new terms possible, will or are looking at other options," he added.
HCCB responded with a statement that said it will now operate under seven zones instead of the current five. HCCB said it will also‘re-organise’ its corporate centre resources to serve in the zones and factories.
Job cuts at HCCB may impact personnel in the following fields, the report added - IT, HR, special projects, sustainability, route-to-market and alternate beverages.
HCCB has shut down many of its plants in Assam, Meghalaya, Jaipir, Andra Pradesh, Telangana and Hospet. It currently has 21 factories in the country.
Recently, the company stated that it aims to become $2.5 billion company by 2020. HCCB is focusing on a stronger sales and supply-chain function. It has a current revenue margin of Rs 9,472 crore as on financial year ending March 2017.
HCGL is responsible for manufacturing, packaging, sale and distribution of beverages of Coca-Cola. It owns and operates 21 factories and sources from and supports 11 plants on the contract-manufacturing mode
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.