BSNL, MTNL VRS Scheme Latest News Update: From salary, pension to ex-gratia, all you need to know
Considering such a large number of government employees are concerned and their careers are at stake, there is a huge amount of interest in the case.
According to the latest developments, over 94,000 employees of state-run BSNL and MTNL have already applied for the Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) with a still a few more days to go for its closure, according to a government official quoted by IANS report. Considering such a large number of government employees are concerned and their careers are at stake, there is a huge amount of interest in the case. So we provide here all the information you need to know on BSNL, MTNL VRS Scheme, from salary, pension to ex-gratia,:-
- According to sources, BSNL's 80,000 and MTNL's 14,000 employees have applied for the VRS.
- MTNL's 13,988 employees have applied for the VRS.
- Of the total 18,200, 16,372 are eligible for it.
- Of the 1.65 lakh, nearly 1,00,000 BSNL employees are eligible for the VRS.
- The effective date of voluntary retirement under the present scheme is January 31, 2020.
- The Union Cabinet had last month approved a plan to combine MTNL, which provides telecom services in Mumbai and New Delhi, and BSNL that services the rest of the nation.
VRS on the Gujarat model
- It also approved a package for the ailing PSUs to cut employee cost by offering the VRS on the Gujarat model to the employees of 50 years and above.
- The total of ex-gratia (as per the Gujarat model) and admissible pension for the remaining period of service doesn't exceed 125 per cent of the salary that the employee would have drawn on the date of voluntary retirement.
- The payment for ex-gratia on VRS (Rs 17,169 crore) and preponed pensionary liability (Rs 12,768 crore spread over 10 years) is to be supported through budgetary allocation.
- The ex-gratia on VRS is to paid in two instalments of 50 per cent each during FY20 and during Q1FY21.
- The rescue package includes infusion of Rs 20,140 crore for purchase of 4G spectrum, Rs 3,674 crore for GST to be paid on spectrum allocation, companies raising Rs 15,000 crore in debt on the sovereign guarantee and the government funding Rs 17,160 crore VRS and another Rs 12,768 crore towards retirement liability.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.