- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
Asian Paints Q4 net profit down 1.7% to Rs 487.45 cr
Asian Paints Thursday reported a 1.7 per cent decline in consolidated net profit to Rs 487.45 crore for the quarter ended on March 31, 2019.
Asian Paints Thursday reported a 1.7 per cent decline in consolidated net profit to Rs 487.45 crore for the quarter ended on March 31, 2019. The company posted a net profit of Rs 495.91 crore in the year-ago period, Asian Paints said in a filing to BSE. However, total income during the period under review increased 11.99 per cent to Rs 5,075.08 crore as against Rs 4,531.52 crore in January-March 2018.
Total expenses rose 15.65 per cent to Rs 4,340.64 crore in the quarter as against Rs 3,752.94 crore in the year-ago period. Revenue from the paints segment was Rs 4,899.09 crore and Rs 119.12 crore from the home improvements segment.
The company posted a net profit of Rs 2,211.91 crore for 2018-19 as compared with Rs 2,097.52 crore for 2017-18. Total income for the previous financial year was Rs 19,576.89 crore as against Rs 17,482.85 crore in 2017-18. In a separate filing on Thursday, the company said that its board has approved a final dividend of Rs 7.65 per equity share of the face value of Re 1 each for 2018-19.
"An interim dividend of Rs 2.85 per equity share was distributed in financial year 2018-19. Thus, the total dividend announced for 2018-19 will be Rs 10.50 per equity share," the company said. Shares of Asian Paints closed at Rs 1,355.80, down 2.29 per cent from the previous close.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.