RELIEF for drivers! MASSIVE cuts in penalties on traffic rule violations in this state; check the full list of fines now
Motor Vehicle Act 2019: To provide relief to road commuters, Gujarat Government decided to reduce the penalty on various traffic rule offenses.
Motor Vehicle Act 2019: In a bid to provide relief to vehicle owners in the state from the huge penalties under the new Motor Vehicle Act, the Gujarat Government decided to reduce the penalty on various traffic rule offenses. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani informed that his government has revised the fines for some categories under the Motor Vehicle Act 2019 in the state.
"The Central government introduced key changes to the Motor Vehicle Act recently. We have revised the fines for some categories in Gujarat," said Chief Minister Rupani.
See Zee Business Live TV streaming below:
Revised penalty in various categories as apprised by Gujarat CM:
1. For not wearing a helmet, the new rule prescribes a fine of Rs 1,000 while it will be Rs 500 in Gujarat.
2. For not using the seat belt, there is Rs 1,000 penalty under the new Motor Vehicle Act, which is also being reduced to Rs 500 in Gujarat.
3. Driving without valid license attracts a fine of Rs 5,000 under the new traffic norms. It has been reduced to Rs 2,000 for two-wheelers and Rs 3,000 for four-wheelers in Gujarat.
4. However, in the absence of insurance, PUC and RC book will attract the same fines as envisaged under the new traffic rules — Rs 500 for the first time and Rs 1,000 for the second time.
5. Triple riding attracts a fine of Rs 1,000 but in Gujarat, it would be only Rs 100.
6. For rash driving or driving dangerously, new traffic rule has a provision of Rs 5,000 penalty for the driver, but in Gujarat, it would be Rs 1,500 if the vehicle is a three-wheeler.
7. There is a fine of Rs 10,000 for riding a polluting vehicle under the new rules. It will be Rs 1,000 for LMVs in Gujarat and Rs 3,000 for other vehicles.
The new rules will come into effect from September 16 in Gujarat.