- Vedanta to create $10 billion fund to bid for BPCL stake, other assets, Chairman Anil Agarwal says
- Bulk Deals: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala picks stake in Indiabulls Housing on Tuesday; buys stake from RARE Enterprises, company backed b
- 5G deployment in US becomes bone of contention between airlines, telecom companies AT&T and Verizon; Air India, Emirates cancel
- Manpower cost likely to increase in next 2 quarters: Virender Jeet, CEO, Newgen Software
- Toyota Kirloskar unveils Hilux; company likely to reveal price next month, delivery starts in April 2022
Ola Electric Scooter: LAUNCHED! Planning to buy? Top 10 THINGS to know
Ola Electric has tied up with banks and financial institutes for an EMI plan starting at Rs 2,999, the company said.
Ola launched its first e-scooter with the Ola S1 series in India on 15th August 2021. The electric scooter launched in two variants – Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro. The Ola S1 will be available in just five colours, whereas the Ola S1 Pro, the more powerful variant, will be available in 10 colours. The Ola electric price starts at Rs 99,999.
In states with active subsidy grants, Ola S1 will be much more affordable than many petrol scooters. For instance, after state subsidy in Delhi, the S1 would cost just Rs 85,099, whereas in Gujarat it would be only Rs 79,999. The company has also tied up with banks and financial institutes for an EMI plan starting at Rs 2,999, Ola Electric said.
“The first phase of Future factory is near completion, and our teams are busy perfecting each and every feature for you. We will officially open Ola S1 for purchase from 8th September 2021, and will start delivering across 1000 cities and towns in October. Till then, Ola S1 is available for reservation at just Rs 499,” Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal said.
Let’s check other details before booking the e-scooter.
1) The Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro will be available in satin, matte and glossy finishes. The colours will include Red, Sky Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Pink, Black, Navy Blue, Grey and White.
2) The two models will be available for purchase by September and deliveries will start in October.
3) The Ola S1 starts at Rs 99,999. This price is ex-showroom including FAME II subsidy and excludes state subsidies. The S1 Pro starts at Rs 1,29,999. However, state subsidies could mean you could get the two electric scooters for cheaper in regions like Delhi and Maharashtra.
4) Ola S1 will come with iconic twin headlamps, ergonomic and fluidic body, superior alloy wheels, sculpted seating, and the largest boot space that fits two helmets comfortably.
— Bhavish Aggarwal (@bhash) August 15, 2021
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
5) It is setting new industry benchmarks with a range of 181 Kms, acceleration of 0-40 kmph in 3.0 seconds, and a top speed of 115 kmph. It has a 3.97kWh of battery capacity, more than 30% higher than the next closest EV, and the most powerful motor in the category with 8.5 KW of peak power.
6) Ola S1 also comes with a proprietary Battery Management System (BMS) which actively monitors the battery for optimal durability, performance, range and safety.
7) Ola S1 has no physical key and pairs with phone with its digital key feature. This enables it to know when you’re near it and unlock automatically. It will also lock itself as you move away. It has a multi-microphone array, AI speech recognition algorithms that have been built in-house, and the sharpest, brightest 7-inch touchscreen display ever put in a scooter.
8) Ola S1 has an anti theft alert system, geo fencing, and a battery that is flame-retardant and water & dust resistant. It also has front and rear disc brakes and ‘Hill Hold’ feature which makes riding in traffic and navigating inclines easy.
9) The 110/70 R12 tyres, rear mono-shock suspension and front single fork suspension leads to much superior road grip and riding experience. It has a cruise mode that makes riding comfortable and convenient and a reverse mode that makes it easy to park and exit tight spaces.
10) The scooters also come with voice recognition that enables you to complete your key tasks quickly without having to bother with navigating the menu.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.