- IPO: 11 public offers raise Rs 33,000 cr between April-June FY23; 17 more in pipeline
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Akasa Air first commercial flight flagged off by Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on this
- IRDAI to rename grievance redressal mechanism; complaints can be filed in regional languages soon
- Market next week: Global cues, macro numbers, last batch of earnings to dictate D-Street in holiday-truncated week: Experts
- Eight of top-10 valued firms add Rs 98,235 cr in m-cap; Infosys, TCS lead gainers
New Maruti Suzuki Alto coming soon: Here's what it could be new
The company also claims that in terms of safety, the new model will be more secure and comply with the latest crash test norms. So far Alto has been a major success for Maruti Suzuki.
Maruti Suzuki is all set to recast its popular model Alto by end of this year. The modernisation of this mini vehicle will be done with new BS6 engine including the interior design and safety features.
According to a report by Times of India, Maruti MD Kenichi Ayukawa said that the current Alto has become older, and they have to upgrade this version. The official added that heavy changes will be made in Alto's design as there are competing models such as Renault Kwid's SUV design.
The company also claims that in terms of safety, the new model will be more secure and comply with the latest crash test norms. So far Alto has been a major success for Maruti Suzuki. The company has sold over 35 lakh units of Alto till now. The company also notes to sell over 2.50 lakh units of the car in the year 2017 as well as in 2018.
Talking about Alto 800, it has three-cylinder 0.8-litre petrol engine producing 48 bhp at 6,000 rpm and 69 Nm of torque at 3,500 rpm. It starts with an introductory price of Rs 2.67 lakh (ex-showroom).
Alto K10, also has three-cylinder 1.0-litre K10B petrol engine, churning out 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm of torque at 3,500 rpm. Alto K10 is priced at Rs 3.42 lakh (ex-showroom). Talking about the pricing of new Alto, it will be announced at the launch and the expected price will be kept closer to the existing line- up.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.