MINI John Cooper Works Hatch: Combo of beauty and power by BMW! Price, features, pics and more
Here comes another car from German luxury car maker BMW. The auto major says its latest offering has the look of racer, and spirit of a champion. And, you will get Go-Kart feeling in its most powerful form, says the firm. The MINI John Cooper Works Hatch has been launched in India on Thursday. The MINI John Cooper Works is based on the MINI 3-door Hatch. MINI John Cooper Works Hatch will be available at all MINI dealerships as a Completely Built-Up Unit (CBU) unit from June onwards. The German luxury car maker has already opened bookings for its latest offering MINI John Cooper Works Hatch. The MINI John Cooper Works Hatch is up for grabs at an ex-showroom price of Rs 43.5 lakhs. Here is what this car offers in terms of tech specs, interiors, exteriors and other fronts:-
-The MINI John Cooper Works Hatch is available in the following standard paintworks - Chilli Red, Electric Blue, Emerald Grey, Melting Silver, Midnight Black, Pepper White, Solaris Orange, Starlight Blue, Thunder Grey and White Silver and in the exclusive John Cooper Works Rebel Green – a modern take on the classic British Racing Green, as per a company statement.
- The MINI John Cooper Works Hatch is available with standard upholstery Dinamica Leather combination Carbon Black/Carbon Black and in the following optional upholstery choices - Leather Cross Punch Carbon Black | Carbon Black, Leather Lounge Satellite Grey | Carbon Black, Leather Chester Malt Brown | Black and MINI Yours Leather Lounge Carbon Black | Carbon Black.
- Hexagonal radiator grille at the centre section with honeycomb pattern with a cross member at the bottom edge finished in red.
- LED headlamps surrounded by LED daytime running lights incorporating the direction indicators.
- Contrasting paint finish for the roof and mirror caps in white, black or exclusively for MINI John Cooper Works in Chilli Red.
-Sporty 17” JCW Track Spoke Light Alloy Wheels in Black
-4-piston, fixed-caliper brakes in bold Chilli Red with a John Cooper Works badge,
- John Cooper Works sport seats integrated with headrests in Carbon Black Dinamica Leather and red accents as standard
- The ultimate ‘go-kart’ feeling with the John Cooper Works sports leather steering wheel which comes with paddle shifters and automatically adjusted steering sensitivity.
- Stainless steel pedal caps and the door sills with an integrated John Cooper Works badge.
-MINI Logo projection, LED interior and ambient lighting which illuminates the cabin with a choice 12 selectable colours.
- "The MINI John Cooper Works Hatch comes with high contrast MINI Head-Up Display, which provides information regarding the media outputs, navigation and telephone options directly in the line of sight for the driver. As a standard feature, Harman Kardon Hi-Fi Audio System, featuring 12 high performance speakers and an eight-channel digital amplifier, delivers 360 watts of crisp, natural and powerful sound," says a company statement.
- The circular central instrument panel is surrounded by an LED ring offering a colour display in 6.5-inches. Bluetooth phone/audio connectivity comes as standard. The Radio MINI Visual Boost with touch functionality including AUX-IN socket and USB interface is also a standard feature of the MINI John Cooper Works Hatch.
- The optional MINI Wired package offers an 8.8 inch touch screen with Touchpad controller, MINI Find Mate with 2 Bluetooth tags, Navigation System Professional, MINI Connected XL, telephony with wireless charging and 2nd USB interface. Other infotainment options now include Apple CarPlay along with MINI Radio Visual Boost + MINI Navigation or with MINI Wired Package.
- 8-speed Sports Steptronic automatic transmission with shift paddles. The shift by wire technology for automatic transmission comes with an electronic gear selector
- 2.0 litre, 4-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine that can hit 100 km/h in 6.1 seconds, mobilising a peak output of 170 kW/231 hp and a maximum torque of 320 Nm.
-In addition to the standard MID mode, there is a choice of SPORT and GREEN modes. "Sport Mode sharpens the steering and acceleration for sportier, more agile handling. Driver Assistance Systems include Park Distant Control and Rear View Camera as standard," says the car maker.
- The standard safety equipment comprises of front and passenger airbags, Brake Assist, 3-Point Seat Belts, Dynamic Stability Control, Crash Sensor, Anti-lock Braking System, Cornering Brake Control and Run-flat tyres as standard.
- The standard MINIMALISM technology includes Auto Start/Stop function, Brake Energy Recuperation, active cooling air flaps and electromechanical power steering.
On the occasion of the MINI John Cooper Works Hatch launch, Dr. Hans-Christian Baertels, President (act.), BMW Group India said, “When you’re behind the wheel of a John Cooper Works, you’re guaranteed thrills worthy of the race track. The MINI John Cooper Works Hatch is the latest addition to our established and highly successful MINI model portfolio in India.”