MG ZS EV: So electrifying! All you need to know about battery, range, charging time and more
MG Electric Vehicle: Here are key details to know about MG ZS EV:-
MG Electric Vehicle: British brand Morris Garages (MG) India on Thursday unveiled its first electric vehicle - MG ZS EV in India. Noteworthy, this is India’s First Pure Electric Internet SUV with a clean, efficient and fast powertrain. Here are key details to know about MG ZS EV:-
- 44.5 kWh, liquid-cooled NMC (Nickel Manganese Cobalt) battery from CATL, one of the world’s largest battery manufacturers
- Car has a travel range of 340 kilometers on a full charge.
- It delivers 353 Nm of instant torque and 143 PS power
- Accomplishes 100 kmph from a standstill in 8.5 seconds
- Each ZS EV comes with an on-board cable to charge anywhere and an AC fast charger for charging at homes/offices.
- The carmaker is also setting up a DC Super-Fast charging network at select MG showrooms and plans to create an extended charging network across MG dealerships in select satellite cities along key routes.
- Through Super-Fast DC chargers (50 kW), the ZS EV will reach 80% battery capacity within 50 minutes while AC fast chargers installed at homes will take around 6 - 8 hours for a full charge
Launching MG ZS EV, Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, said “A truly global and best-in-class EV SUV, the ZS EV has already registered significant success in more than 10 international markets such as the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, and Southeast Asia."
"It has also been extensively tested for India-specific requirements. We’re hopeful that it will recreate its success in India, thanks to the strong EV ecosystem that we are putting in place. We will evaluate opportunities to further expand this ecosystem to more markets across India, based on customer response,” Chaba added.
The MG ZS EV car is expected to be priced in Rs 20-22 lakhs range.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.