Long wait ends! SUV MG Hector unveiled - Check pics, top features of India's 1st internet car
Ever imagined a car that talks to you like family, friends? What if someone says that you can switch on your car AC even if you are not inside your vehicle? Ever thought of a car that self-initiates an emergency call in case of any mishap? Well, you must be wondering what all these things have to do with real life! Hold on, all these car features are soon going to become a reality with the launch of British automotive giant Morris Garages' first car in India - MG SUV Hector. This SUV will be the 1st internet car of India! Also, MG Motor India released the official pictures of its much-awaited SUV Hector.
The British automaker on Tuesday revealed many first-in-segment and first-in-industry kind of features in a Drive.In conference. With the launch of MG SUV Hector, the Indian automotive sector is set to witness never-seen-before car technology as the MG Motor India will launch the first-of-its-kind iSMART Next Gen system in its SUV Hector. MG Hector with iSMART Next Gen is expected to redefine connected mobility with the help of global tech partners that includes Microsoft, Adobe, Unlimit, SAP, Cisco, Gaana, TomTom, Nuance and others.
During High-Tech Drive.In conference, MG Motor India unveiled several unprecedented features of internet-enabled cars that will be available in the MG Hector. Here are top details to know about MG SUV Hector and its iSMART Next Gen system:-
10.4” Head Unit
- The brain of the iSMART Next Gen will be housed in a 10.4” Head Unit.
- The screen is designed with a vertical interface that allows the driver to control the entire car system with just a touch or voice command.
- The Head Unit is built to withstand extreme climatic conditions of India. It comes pre-loaded with entertainment content.
- MG Hector iSMART Next Gen comes with an industry first embedded M2M sim that ensures that the car remains connected.
- The customized solution has been developed by Unlimit in partnership with Cisco and Airtel who have collaborated with their Jasper platform and telecommunication network respectively.
Connected Mobility: IPV6 and 5G
-The connected mobility solution on the MG Hector is Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPV6) ready for 5G.
Real-time software, entertainment, OTA updates
- Users to receive real-time software, entertainment content and application updates.
- Customers will be able to download the software updates immediately or schedule them for later, as in smartphones.
- Over The Air (OTA) technology to cars. The OTA feature would be standard in all MG cars enabled with iSMART Next Gen for connected mobility
-This is the most-talked about feature of the MG Hector.
-Voice Assist is a voice application that works on the cloud and head unit.
-Developed by Nuance for MG India, it has been specifically designed for India for Indian accent learning.
-As a result of built in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms, the system will learn and get better every day with usage.
-Activated with ‘Hello MG’, the voice assist allows over 100 commands, including opening and closing of windows and sun roof, ac control, navigation etc. and works even under poor connectivity.
Pre-embedded web applications: TomTom navigation, Gaana, AccuWeather
- TomTom’s real time navigation application. This automobile navigation player has over 600 million vehicles under their platform. This navigation system would regularly update maps, routes and locations through their IQ Maps feature.
- Pre-loaded Gaana app with Premium Account to access music
- Accuweather to access weather forecasts.
iSMART mobile App
-The iSMART Next Gen is supported by the iSMART mobile App.
-The car gets scanned each time the App is opened, and information includes location of car, tyre pressure, or if the doors are locked or not. - Owner can use the remote app to directly lock or unlock doors, turn on ignition and switch on the air-conditioner.
- With the help of these features, owners can schedule a service and keep track of service history.
- MG car owners can locate their cars remotely and geo fence it, so the car cannot be taken out of a predefined zone, thus enhancing the safety of the passengers.
- The App uses driver analytics data to help people drive smarter.
- The iSMART is hosted on Microsoft Azure Cloud for cyber security for all data.
Pulse Hub: Customer management service centre
-MG's Pulse Hub, a customer management service centre, will enable eCall emergency response in all MG cars.
- For example if a car’s airbags are deployed under an emergency condition, automatic messages are sent to the Pulse Hub and the registered phones along with a series of emergency response actions that get activated instantly.
iCall: Information services
-MG hector also offers an industry first iCall.
- With just a touch on the Screen, driver is connected to Pulse Hub for a host of information services.
Unveiling MG SUV Hector and revealing the features it carries, Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, said,"With an embedded SIM card and OTA, the MG Hector promises to create a seamless driving experience, throughout the life of the car." Chaba further added, "With the advent of 5G connectivity in India, MG cars will have the potential to add new, breakthrough features to further enrich the car driving experience.
(PIC: Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director of MG Motor India, unveiling the SUV MG Hector.)
FULL VIDEO of Morris Garages (MG) Motor India's Drive.In conference: WATCH
MG SUV Hector
MG SUV Hector will be available for sales by June this year. MG Motor India commenced its manufacturing operations at its plant at Halol in the state of Gujarat. Noteworthy, Morris Garages vehicles are famous for their sports cars, roadsters, and cabriolet series.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.