Mercedes Benz to launch A-Class in US market soon
The A-Class comes with newly developed 4-cylinder power plant having a displacement of 1.6 litres, direct petrol injection, variable valve timing and a turbocharger offer.
After being spotted testing on multiple occasions, luxury-car maker Mercedes-Benz has finally revealed that the company will launch A-Class in the US market next year.
Britta Seeger, Global Sales Chief of Mercedes-Benz, told Automotive News that the A-Class will go on sale next fall as the brand's entry-level model in the United States.
Earlier in October, Mercedes was spotted testing the sedan and had shared the first images and other details of the new generation A-Class.
The new car, which is expected to make its debut at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, is likely to come to India by end of 2018 with a starting price of Rs 31.96 lakh.
Mercedes on its website stated, "The A-Class has the best drag coefficient (cd value) in its segment. Every line and every surface has been aerodynamically optimized. It doesn’t just look captivatingly dynamic, it also reduces fuel consumption and driving noise."
The A-Class comes with newly developed 4-cylinder power plant having a displacement of 1.6 litres, direct petrol injection, variable valve timing and a turbocharger offer, the website further informed.
The upcoming A-Class will be fourth-generation model, but is still based on the MFA platform with substantial amount of revisions like - use of lightweight aluminium parts for weight reduction and structural rigidity.
Exterior of A-Class involves:
- 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted black with high-sheen finish
- Diamond radiator grille in high-gloss black, louvre painted in vehicle colour with chrome insert
- Beltline trim strip in black
- Chrome-plated trim strip in the front bumper
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- LED High Performance Headlamps
- Rear windscreen wipers
- “Night Edition” Badge
- Black mirror housing
Interiors of A-Class would showcase:
- Sports seats upholstered in ARTICO man-made leather
- Seat Comfort package, including adjustable seat length
- Honeycomb-look trim
- Air outlets with surround and cruciform nozzle in silver chrome
- High-gloss black light switch with ring in silver chrome
- Cover on stowage compartment in center console
- Multifunction holder in the center console
- 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel with 12 control buttons
- Reversing camera
- Rear center armrest
- Audio 20 CD including pre-installation for Garmin MAPPILOT
- High-resolution Media Display with a diagonal of 20.3 cm (8 inches)
- Smartphone integration package comprising Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
In the US market, the upcoming A-Class is expected to be sold at $30,000.