- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Maruti Suzuki sells 134,641 cars: Swift, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno, Dzire drive most numbers in May
Maruti Suzuki India Saturday released its sales figure for May 2019. "Maruti Suzuki India Limited sold a total of 134,641 units in May 2019.
Maruti Suzuki India Saturday released its sales figure for May 2019. "Maruti Suzuki India Limited sold a total of 134,641 units in May 2019. This includes 123,250 units in domestic market, 2,302 units of domestic OEM sales and 9,089 units of exports," the company said in a release. The country's largest carmaker has reported a 22 per cent decline in sales at 1,34,641 units in May. Maruti Suzuki sold 1,72,512 units in May 2018, the company said in a statement. The automobile major's domestic sales declined by 23.1 per cent to 1,25,552 units as against 1,63,200 units in the year-ago month, the statement said further.
Sales of Maruti-Suzuki's mini cars - Alto and WagonR - decreased 56.7 per cent to 16,394 units as compared to 37,864 units in May last year. The sales of compact segment, including models such as Swift, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno and Dzire, were down 9.2 per cent to 70,135 as against 77,263 units earlier.
*Source: Maruti Suzuki
Maruti's mid-sized sedan Ciaz sold 3,592 units as compared to 4,024 units in the same month a year ago.
Sales of utility vehicles, including Vitara Brezza, S-Cross and Ertiga, were down 25.3 per cent to 19,152 as compared to 25,629 units in the year-ago month. The auto major's exports in May were down by 2.4 per cent at 9,089 units as against 9,312 units in the corresponding month last year, said the company.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.