Hyundai KONA Electric: All questions on battery, charging, warranty, back up answered here
Here we have all the answers to questions related to battery and charging:-
The first fully electric SUV in India is finally here! Hyundai Motor India Ltd recently launched KONA Electric. Hyundai KONA Electric offers a range as high as 452 Kms/Charge. It is priced at Rs 25.3 lakhs (ex-showroom). It can accelerate from 0-100 Kmph in 9.7 Secs. Despite all these details available in public domain, still, there are some unanswered questions on battery and charging. Here we have all the answers to questions related to battery and charging:-
What's the battery capacity?
KONA electric can cover 452 kms on one full charge
Type of battery?
It has Lithium-ion polymer battery
How long does it take to charge?
- An 80% charge can be achieved in 57 minutes with DC quick charger (zero to 80 % charge @ 50 kW), using the CCS Type II charging port.
- A a 7.2 kW Level-II charger takes 6 hours and 10 minutes
Will customers get portable chargers? Can be charged at home?
- The customers will be provided with two Chargers along with the car – A portable charger and an AC Wall Box Charger.
- The Portable charger can be plugged into any normal 3 Pin 15 Amp socket and charge the vehicle. This charger can top up daily running of 50Kms in less than 3 Hours. Whereas AC Wall Box charger (7.2 kW) can top-up charge the vehicle within 1 hour for running 50Kms.
How to charge?
- For charging convenience, the charging port is located in the front grille of Hyundai KONA car for head-in parking ease whenever charging is needed
Charging point at dealership?
- Moreover, all Hyundai Electric Selling dealerships are equipped with 7.2 kW AC Charger to support customers for KONA Electric Charging.
-Additionally, in select cities (Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Chennai) a Special KONA Electric fleet (KONA Electric to KONA Electric) fitted with power converter will provide emergency charging support to the customers.
- Also, for the convenience of customers, HMIL has tied up with MapMyIndia, to display KONA Electric compatible EV Charging Stations in HMIL Website and in Mobile App.
Car warranty and battery warranty?
The KONA Electric would be available with a Warranty for 3 Years and unlimited Kilometres, along with a Warranty for 8 Years and upto 160,000 Kms for its High Voltage Battery.