How Tata Motors fared in FY19 - Domestic passenger vehicles sales highest ever in 6 years! Data highlights here
Tata Motors FY 19 Domestic Sales Figures are out, and the details have given further momentum to the business of the automotive giant. According to official confirmation, Tata Motors Commercial and Passenger Vehicles Business sales in the domestic market for FY19 (April 2018 – March 2019), grew by 16%. The data stands at 678,486 units in FY19. However, it was 586,507 units in the same period last year. Here are details of Domestic - Commercial Vehicles and Domestic - Passenger Vehicles bifurcation:-
Domestic - Commercial Vehicles Sales Figures for FY19: Highlights
- Tata Motors Commercial Vehicles (CV) Business sales in the domestic market for FY19 (April 2018 – March 2019), recorded a growth of 17% with 468,692 units compared to 399,317 units sold during the same period last year.
-The M&HCV sales in the domestic market for FY19 (April 2018 – March 2019), registered a growth of 12% at 151,105 units compared to 134,399 units sold last fiscal.
- The I&LCV truck sales in the domestic market for FY19 (April 2018 – March 2019), reported strong growth of 23% at 56,996 units compared to 46,321 units sold last fiscal.
-The SCV Cargo and Pickup sales in the domestic market for FY19 (April 2018 – March 2019), registered a robust growth of 24% at 206,393 units compared to 166,727 units sold last fiscal.
-The commercial passenger carrier segment sales in the domestic market for FY19 (April 2018 – March 2019), grew by 4% at 54,198 units compared to 51,870 units sold last fiscal.
Domestic - Passenger Vehicles Sales Figures for FY19: Highlights
-Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Business sales in the domestic market for FY19 (April 2018-March 2019) were the highest ever in the last six years at 210,143 units, a growth of 12%, compared to 187,321 units sold last fiscal.
What led to this 16 per cent growth of Tata Motors?
According to a company statement, the following factors pumped Tata Motors' Domestic Sales Figures:-
-Passenger Vehicles Sales: "With Nexon, Hexa and now Harrier joining the new generation UV products, this segment has grown by 16% over last year."
- M&HCV Sales: "The tipper segment continued to grow by 12% on the back of infrastructure development and affordable housing projects."
- I&LCV Sales: "The demand in I&LCV segment has been led by the growth in the e-commerce sector and discretionary consumption. The new products introduced in the fast-growing 15-16 tonne segment and CNG products have been well accepted by the customers and are contributing to over 10% in volumes."
- SCV Cargo and Pickup sales: "The evolving hub-spoke model, demand for the last mile connectivity across the rural and urban markets, and Swachch Bharat initiatives have led to increase in demand in this segment. "
- Commercial passenger carrier segment sales: "The new product introduction of 15-seater Winger has received good traction and the deliveries of electric buses to various STUs has also contributed to this growth."
Reacting to the growth of Tata Motors, exclusively for Zee Business Online, Girish Wagh, who is President of Commercial Vehicles Unit of Tata Motors Ltd. said, “The new fiscal year has started on a promising note as our FY19 cumulative sales registered the highest sales of 468,692 units, the highest since 2012-13 with a growth of 17% over last year. The FY 19 MHCV sales at 151,105 has been the highest sales in the last 7 years. The ILCV sales at 56,996 has also been the highest sales in the last 7 years. "
Wagh further adds, "In March 2019, our CV sales have also grown by 4% over last year, a welcome upsurge after the recent dips in the last few months. While the MHCV cargo segment has been impacted by the implementation of new axle load norms, the Tipper segment grew by 12% in March and ended the year with a robust growth of 53% on the back of the infrastructure growth momentum in the country. SCV and Pickup sales has also grown by 11% in March 2019 and by 24% for the year on the back of the growing e-Commerce sector, rural growth and Swachch Bharat initiatives. With the launch of our electric buses across the country and the beginning of the school season, we have also grown in the commercial passenger carrier segment by 2% for the month and 4% for the year."
"We are hopeful that the demand will once again pickup after the elections,” Wagh concluded.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.