First time in India! Michelin Energy XM2+ tyres are here - What's special? Check safety and performance features
Michelin Energy XM2+ tyres: Check features, safety and performance details
Tyre company Michelin has introduced MICHELIN Energy XM2+ in India. These tyres will replace the Michelin Energy XM2 tyres. These Michelin Energy XM2+ tyres are meant for small and mid-size passenger cars. Michelin says it is targeting young and commuting consumers who look for a tyre with performance and safety that lasts till end of the tyre’s life.
Michelin Energy XM2+ tyres: Features, safety and performance details
- With a new full-silica rubber compound, the Michelin Energy XM2+ stops 2.4 meters shorter* on wet roads in new condition
- 3.3 meters* in worn condition compared to a premium competitor tyre
- Michelin Energy XM2+ offers longer mileage outlasting its leading competitor* by 29%**.
- The new rubber formulation with strong link of filler-filler molecular bond minimizes wear rate and its Alternate Bridge Technology ensures lesser shuffling in tread block, resulting in lower wear.
- The ‘+’ sign on the sidewall denotes the rubber compound upgrade that is behind the braking superiority of the Michelin Energy XM2+ versus its predecessor.
- The tyre also maintains the Green ‘X’ marking of its predecessor, indicating optimized fuel savings. We hope the combination of enhanced safety and superior value-for-money will particularly appeal to the younger consumers.
Michelin Energy XM2+ tyres: Prices
In India, the new Michelin Energy XM2+ is now available starting from MRP Rs 5090 at Michelin’s authorized dealers across the nation.
Michelin Energy XM2+ tyres: Sizes
The tyres will be available in 30 sizes by early 2020 from 12 to 16 inch (30.48 – 40.64 cm) diameter for a wide range of hatchbacks, sedans, compact SUVs and MUVs.
Commenting on the introduction of Michelin Energy XM2+ tyres in India, Mohan Kumar, Vice President, Michelin India said, “Long Lasting Performance is at the heart of Michelin’s activity. In India, we are again raising the bar for daily commuting tyres with Michelin Energy XM2+, which improves on its predecessor, the Michelin Energy XM2, a leading mass-market tyre for 8 consecutive years. We are committed to bringing tyres to our customers that stay safe and offer high performance levels to their legal wear limit, and MICHELIN Energy XM2+ is a true testament of this commitment.”
* Validated through wet braking test conducted by Applus IDIADA India, on Michelin India’s request (Apr ‘19). Size: 185/70 R14 88H fitted on Maruti Suzuki Swift comparing Michelin ENERGY XM2+ vs BRIDGESTONE B290 on track.
** Validated through longevity test conducted by Applus IDIADA India, on Michelin India’s request (Dec ‘18 to Apr ‘19). Size: 185/70 R14 88H fitted on Maruti Suzuki Swift comparing Michelin Energy XM2+ vs BRIDGESTONE B290.