Drive a 2 wheeler? Alert! No entry allowed on Lucknow-Agra Expressway if you don't have this
Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) on Monday has barred entry of two-wheeler riders without helmets on Agra-Lucknow Expressway.
If you are two wheeler rider, than you must know that now you cannot enter the Lucknow-Agra Expressway without helmet from today onward. Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) on Monday has barred entry of two-wheeler riders without helmets on Agra-Lucknow Expressway.
1. ''Keeping in mind public interest and security, a decision has been taken to prohibit entry of two-wheeler riders without a helmet on Agra-Lucknow expressway. Orders have been issued for implementation of this decision with immediate effect," a press release read.
2. UPEIDA CEO Avneesh Kumar Awasthi said, "Proper arrangements are being put in place for the security of the expressway. Prohibiting entry of two-wheeler passengers without wearing helmets is a step towards it.
3. In this order, those without helmet have been barred from entering the expressway.
4. Non-use of helmets was listed as one of the risk factors in a study released on road traffic injuries by World Health Organisation.
5. The study also said that use of correct helmet can lead to a 42% reduction in the risk of fatal injuries and 69% reduction in the risk of head injuries.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.