Boost for shared mobility in India as Volkswagen joins hands with Zoomcar - All you need to know about partnership
Automotive giant Volkswagen has partnered with Zoomcar, a self-drive and shared mobility platform, to strengthen the shared mobility offering in India.
Automotive giant Volkswagen has partnered with Zoomcar, a self-drive and shared mobility platform, to strengthen the shared mobility offering in India. The partnership aims at broadening the spectrum of shared mobility in India. Volkswagen partners with India’s largest self-drive, shared mobility platform Zoomcar. Here are key things to know about the partnership and how customers will benefit:-
- According to details, the subscription-based model offers young, urban customers the power of choice, convenience, flexibility and enhanced accessibility to a host of products
- Under this partnership, Volkswagen will offer Zoomcar customized financial, maintenance and repair services (4EVER Care) that will enhance the overall subscription experience.
- Through this association, Volkswagen Polo cars will now be available under Zoomcar’s ZAP Subscribe model across key cities in India
- Under Zoomcar’s ZAP Subscribe model, potential customers can now subscribe to a Volkswagen Polo at a fixed monthly subscription fee, in addition to host of other benefits.
- Moreover, Volkswagen and Zoomcar intend to deepen this partnership by offering other vehicles from their existing product portfolio in the future, as per a company statement
Commenting on this announcement, Steffen Knapp, Managing Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars said, “Through this partnership with Zoomcar, Volkswagen India enters into shared mobility and subscription services. As a brand, world over, we intend to transform the mobility sector by participating in various business models that drive growth, offer convenience and heightened customer satisfaction. We’re delighted to offer our best-selling carline – Volkswagen Polo through this channel, which enables prospective customers the accessibility to a premium, safe and fun-to-drive hatch.”
Speaking on this partnership, Greg Moran, Co-Founder and CEO, Zoomcar said, “Zoomcar is thrilled to partner with Volkswagen to offer its vehicles on India’s only shared subscription marketplace, ZAP Subscribe. Given Volkswagen’s long history as an innovator within the automotive space, we felt they were a natural partner as we look to provide an affordable, flexible alternative to traditional vehicle ownership.”
Speaking on this partnership, Aashish Deshpande, MD & CEO, Volkswagen Finance India Pvt. Ltd. said, “The partnership is a step towards the evolution of the consumer buying behavior to a fast paced shared mobility market.”