All-new Skoda Octavia launched in India with 'One Nation. One Price' offering; know price, features and much more
Skoda Auto India today unveiled the all new OCTAVIA at an ex-showroom price of Rs 25.99 lakhs. The ex-showroom price is same across the country, Skoda India said in its press release “taking forward the 'One Nation. One Price.' Philosophy,”.
"When it was introduced twenty years ago, the OCTAVIA changed the dynamics of the executive sedan segment - one that continues to offer significant growth potential, catering to a burgeoning class of discerning buyers with a penchant for luxury, as well as the right value proposition,” Zac Hollis, Brand Director at SKODA AUTO India said.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
“Having retained its characteristics of design, safety, technology, performance, space, and comfort, the all – new OCTAVIA is a compelling combination and will continue to drive Škoda Auto's success in the Indian market," he added.
All new Skoda Octavia – top features
DESIGN AND DIMENSIONS - The all-new Octavia has been completely redeveloped, with new light design which are razor-sharp, narrower. The headlights featuring Bi-LED technology, and daytime running lights (standard).
The body design is new and gives a higher visual appearance to the car’s “excellent aerodynamics,” the company says. The all-new Octavia is 4,689 mm long, 1,469 mm tall, 1,829 mm wide and comes with a wheelbase of 2,680 mm.
The front section has a classic robust grill with chrome frame.
The all new Skoda Octavia is available in five paint schemes - Lava Blue, Candy White, Magic Black, Brilliant Silver, and Maple Brown, with the last two exclusively available at the Laurin & Klement.
Engine and Transmission
The fourth generation OCTAVIA features 'shift by wire' technology and electric parking brake - a first for the Czech auto manufacturer in India.
A rocker switch integrated into the centre console, It controls and electronically conveys the gear selection to the transmission unit.
The turbocharged 2.0 TSI petrol engine is at the core of the all-new Skoda Octavia. It delivers 190 PS (140kW) of power and a peak torque output of 320Nm while delivering fuel efficiency figures of 15.81 km/l (ARAI).
Safety and Security
The standard safety equipment on Octavia Laurin & Klement includes eight airbags, iBuzz Fatigue Alert and AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System). A host of security equipment and safety support functions include ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution), tyre pressure monitoring system, acoustic etc among others.
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
- New 25.4 cm display infotainment system with an innovative touch slider which adjusts the volume or the map.
- Smartphones can be paired to the infotainment system, offering access to infotainment apps.
- Premium Canton Sound system on the all-new Octavia Laurin & Klement features 12 speakers, including a subwoofer, and has a power output of 600 plus watts.
- Two Zone Climatronic air conditioning system, with Air Care function, enables different temperatures to be set for the front passengers.
- The Skoda Octavia offers 600 litres and 1,555 litres luggage space after folding down the rear seats.
- The electrically controlled 5th door opens and closes at the mere touch of the button on the remote control. The door is equipped with a Virtual Pedal enabling contact-free access.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.