- New Virus in China 2022: Langya ALERT! No vaccine, no treatment!
- Policybazaar system vulnerabilities exposed customers' personal details, says this report
- Government removes cap on airfares with effect from 31 August
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, Buds 2 Pro revealed - price, India availability, specs and more
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 2022 bookings open; Check token amount and how to book online
WB govt urges Nasscom to deploy AI in public interest areas
West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra Thursday urged IT industry body Nasscom to come out with artificial intelligence (AI) based solutions of public interests.
He also called for use of AI and machine learning for MSMEs.
"Please come out with solutions using AI and machine learning for public interest needs like health, education, and also for small businesses," Mitra said while speaking at the Nasscom's international SME Conclave here.
The state was also trying these emerging technologies like blockchain in areas like land records, legal and some areas of public interest.
"Applications like sowing timing management, students management, traffic management with AI can also be taken up," Mitra pointed out.
He also and highlighted possible ills of AI and machine learning if not deployed judicially.
Earlier, Mitra had called for regulating research in AI to prevent misuse and before things goes out of control.
The Nasscom's first international SME Conclave saw around 600 SMEs across 40 cities and 18 states of the country in Kolkata for the two day meet. Representatives of SMEs from five other countries also joined the meet.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.