- Oil & Gas sector set for sharp earnings drop in Q2 amid lower GRMs, other factors; what brokerage recommends on IGL, BPCL, IOCL
- Redmi Pad Unboxing, first look in PICS: Check price in India, colour options, specs and availability
- No charge for RuPay credit card use on UPI for transaction up to THIS amount, confirms NPCI
- Stocks to Buy in October: SBI Cards, Airtel among 5 stocks that may yield up to 29% returns
- PM Modi inaugurates Rs 1470-cr AIIMS Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh; to lay foundation for projects worth Rs 3650 cr soon
Waterways will be developed in Saryu river: Gadkari
Union minister Nitin Gadkari said Friday that waterways would be developed in the Saryu river that would facilitate smooth travel to Bangladesh via Varanasi.
The Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation laid the foundations of several projects worth Rs 7,195 crore, including the construction of 632 kilometres of national highway in eastern Uttar Pradesh, here.
"I am bringing an airboat from Australia that can land in water. Next time when I will come I will come in airboat. This airboat will operate from Varanasi to Allahabad. We also have plans to operate double-decker buses that can fly," he said.
Addressing Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya, who was present on the dais, Gadkari said, "Maurya-ji you also start such air buses in Uttar Pradesh. It will solve your problem of traffic jam and this double-decker air busses are much cheaper than Metro." The minister also said river ports are also being developed that will help in smooth movement of goods to Myanmar and Bangladesh.
He claimed the department of River Development and Ganga Conservation has cleaned 30 per cent of the Ganga river and announced that by next March, the river will be 100 per cent clean and one can drink water from the river directly.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.