- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
Vodafone plans 1,130 job cuts in Italy
The world`s second largest mobile operator Vodafone said on Monday it aims to cut its Italian workforce by 16 percent as part of a broader effort to reshape its business model given increasing pressure in the country`s mobile market.
The company will open negotiations with local trade unions over 1,130 redundancies, it said in a statement on Monday. Vodafone employs around 7,000 people in Italy, according to its website.
Last week Telecom Italia has reached a deal with trade unions on 4,300 job cuts, a source familiar with the matter has said.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.