- Dalal Street Voice: Who will make money in 2022? S. Naren decodes ABCDEF of investing
- Vedant Fashions IPO: Price band fixed at Rs 824-866; issue opens on February 4
- A ‘Humble’ US Fed in January meeting, likely to be ‘Nimble’ footed for the March interest rate hike
- Budget 2022 Expectations: What electric vehicle industry demands from FM Nirmala Sitharaman; Here is the wishlist
- Kotak Mahindra Bank q3 result: PAT jumps 31% YoY to Rs 3,403 crore in December
U.S. will not cede leadership in Latam to 'authoritarian' nations: U.S. commerce chief
U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross touted the benefits of U.S. trade with Latin America on Thursday in Peru and said the United States would not cede leadership in the region to "authoritarian countries."
Speaking at a business event before Friday`s start of the Summit of the Americas in Lima, Ross said that most Latin American exports to China were raw materials and credited U.S. imports from the region for creating jobs.
After his speech, Ross told journalists it would be "sensible" for there to be a deal on NAFTA but declined to estimate when one might be reached. "You`ll know when we know," Ross said.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.