- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
UP govt working for farmers' welfare: Min
The Uttar Pradesh government is making every effort to usher in happiness in the lives of farmers, state Agriculture Minister Surya Pratap Shahi said today.
"The Uttar Pradesh government has aimed to double the income of farmers in the state in the next five years. As soon as the BJP government assumed office, it decided to come up with crop loan redemption scheme worth Rs 36,000 crore to benefit 86 lakh farmers. This is being implemented in a phased-wise manner.
"In a bid to motivate the farmers to opt for solar energy, which does not cause any pollution, the government has started establishing 10,000 solar photo-voltaic irrigation pumps on a priority basis," he added.
He said as many as 2,572 ponds have been constructed in the Bundelkhand region.
"To provide all the facilities to the farmers in a transparent manner, online registration of farmers is being done. The subsidy being given to farmers is being directly transferred to the bank account of farmers through DBT," an official statement quoted Shahi as saying.
The state government will also make available 9.40 lakh quintal of high-yielding seeds to farmers, he added.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.