- Dalal Street Corner: Softening crude, FIIs turning net buyers allow market to close on high note; what should investors do on Th
- Gold Price Outlook: Yellow metal on slippery ground; experts give intraday trading strategy, outlook
- Will oil prices surge to $380 or slump to $45—What JP Morgan, CITI reports say?
- MF industry's asset base rises 14% to Rs 37.75 lakh cr in June quarter
- TVS Motor drives in new bike 'Ronin' priced at Rs 1.49 lakh
uarantine unit for Tiger Shrimp inaugurated at MAC
The quarantine unit for Tiger Shrimp at the Multispecies Aquaculture Complex (MAC), set up by the Marine Products Export Development Autority at Vallarpadam here, was inaugurated Thursday.
An MPEDA release said the unit was inaugurated by Tarun Shridhar, Secretary, Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Government of India.
Speaking at the function, Shridhar said the newly opened unit wouldregain the pride of place ofthe indigenous species Black Tiger shrimpin the Indian subcontinent, which is now occupied by the exotic species, Vannamei.
Patting MPEDA and its research arm, the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Aquaculture, for establishing the MAC, he said the facility would cater to the growing demand for fingerlings of various export-oriented species like Seabass, Cobia, Tilapia and Pompano.
K S Srinivas, the MPEDA chairman, said this was the first of its kind facility in the west coast, set upwhen there is a huge demand for the healthy seeds.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.