- Oil & Gas sector set for sharp earnings drop in Q2 amid lower GRMs, other factors; what brokerage recommends on IGL, BPCL, IOCL
- Redmi Pad Unboxing, first look in PICS: Check price in India, colour options, specs and availability
- No charge for RuPay credit card use on UPI for transaction up to THIS amount, confirms NPCI
- Stocks to Buy in October: SBI Cards, Airtel among 5 stocks that may yield up to 29% returns
- PM Modi inaugurates Rs 1470-cr AIIMS Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh; to lay foundation for projects worth Rs 3650 cr soon
Taxmen raid Jaya TV, associates, over suspected tax evasion
Income Tax sleuths today raided the premises of Jaya TV here and its associates over suspected tax evasion as part of 'Operation Clean Money', sources said.
The searches at the Tamil television channel, which is perceived to be politically disposed in favour of deposed AIADMK leaders V K Sasikala and TTV Dhinakaran, were conducted over alleged tax evasion.
Also, the allegation covers aspects like shell companies, dubious investments, fund flow and fudging of accounts, income tax sources here told PTI.
The searches at the TV channel's accounts branch here is part of 'Operation Clean Money', sources said.
Searches also cover the premises of Midas Distilleries and Jazz Cinemas, they said.
The two entities are perceived to be associated with some of those linked to Jaya TV.
Jaya TV also reported the searches by tax sleuths in its premises and at Jazz cinemas.
The searches were being conducted by more than 10 groups since this morning, sources added.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.