- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Tata Power Q2 profit falls, misses street estimate
Tata Power Co Ltd reported an about 44 percent slump in quarterly profit, hurt by lower income from its power generation business, missing analysts` forecasts.
Profit came in at 2.69 billion rupees ($41.63 million) in the quarter ended Sept. 30, compared with a profit of 4.76 billion rupees a year earlier, the company said on Friday. http://bit.ly/2z9LkFG
Analysts on average expected the Mumbai-based company to post a profit of 3.73 billion rupees, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Income from its power business fell about 7 percent to 10.35 billion rupees for the quarter.($1 = 64.6100 rupees)
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.