- Stocks to buy with Anil Singhvi: Sanjiv Bhasin call Zee Business - BUY Tata Steel, HDFC AMC | check share price targets
- Bank stocks in focus: Nifty Bank jumps 1% ahead of RBI policy decision tomorrow; CLSA gives Buy call on these counters
- Rise in home loan interest beyond 9.5 % to have high impact on housing sales: Survey
- Rupee vs Dollar: Indian currency rebounds 35 paise to 81.58 against $
- LIVE: RBI Monetary Policy Review Meeting - MPC to announce another hike? Outcome Date, Time, Expectations, Latest News
Sugar prices drop on ample stocks
Sugar prices fell up to Rs 50 per quintal at the wholesale market in the national capital today following bumper stocks position on constant supplies from mills.
However, ongoing wedding season demand, squeezed the fall in prices.
Marketmen said mounting stocks following relentless supplies from mills mainly weighed on the sweetener prices but wedding season buying restricted fall in prices to some extent.
Sugar ready M-30 and S-30 prices settled lower by Rs 50 each to end the day at Rs 3,780-3,980 and Rs 3,770-3,970 per quintal.
Mill delivery M-30 and S-30 prices also traded lower by Rs 30 each to end at Rs 3,500-3,750 and Rs 3,490-3,740 per quintal.
In the mill gate section, sugar Ramala, Sakoti, Shamli and Nanota dropped by Rs 30 each to Rs 3,500, Rs 3,615, Rs 3,625 and Rs 3,500, while, sugar Dorala, Baghpat, Morna, Nazibabad and Modinagar also fell by Rs 25 each to Rs 3,650, Rs 3,530, Rs 3,525, Rs 3,515 and Rs 3,635 per quintal, respectively.
Following are today's quotations (in Rs per quintal) Sugar retail markets - Rs 37.00-40.00 per kg.
Sugar ready: M-30 Rs 3,780-3,980, S-30 Rs 3,770-3,970.
Mill delivery: M-30 Rs 3,500-3,750, S-30 Rs 3,490-3,740.
Sugar millgate (including duty): Mawana Rs 3,650, Kinnoni Rs 3,750, Asmoli Rs 3,695, Dorala Rs 3,650, Budhana Rs 3,660, Thanabhavan Rs 3,655, Dhanora Rs 3,655, Simbholi Rs 3,695, Khatuli Rs 3,740, Dhampur Rs 3,620, Ramala Rs 3,500, Anupshaher Rs 3,510, Baghpat Rs 3,530, Morna Rs 3,525, Sakoti Rs 3,615, Chandpur Rs 3,610, Nazibabad Rs 3,515, Modinagar 3,635, Shamli 3,625, and Nanota 3,500.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.