- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
Small ice cream manufacturers demand inclusion in composition scheme
Leaders from various non-BJP parties Monday extended support to the demand of small ice cream manufacturers that they be included in composition scheme under the goods and services tax (GST) regime.
Leaders including P C Chacko from the Congress, Sanjay Singh (AAP), Manoj Jha (Rashtriya Janata Dal) attended a meeting of the All India Small Scale Ice Cream Manufactures Association, and extended support to their demand.
The central government has kept the ice cream businesses as small cottage industry in the larger slab of GST (18 per cent) which is "wrong", said Punit Manchanda, chief patron of the Association .
He said the ice cream business should be brought back in GST composition scheme.
The composition scheme is meant for taxpayers whose turnover is less than Rs 1 crore.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.