- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
Single window clearance system for shooting films to be made available for Indian filmmakers
The government on Friday said the single window clearance system for ease of shooting films, available only to foreigners until now, will now be made available to Indian filmmakers as well.
Finance Minister Piyush Goyal announced key initiatives taken by the government for the entertainment industry in the interim budget in 2019-20.
Hailing the entertainment industry as a major employment generator, Goyal said the provision of single window clearance system for ease of shooting films, available only to foreigners, will now be made available to Indian filmmakers as well.
He also announced that the government will introduce anti-camcording provisions in the Cinematograph Act to control the menace of piracy.
The entertainment industry has appreciated the announcement of single window clearance system as a significant step with a potential to play a role in boosting tourism, while stating that anti-camcording measures will assist in the industry's growth.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.