- iPhone 14 production starts in India: Apple makes big statement; availability details
- Inflation likely to remain above RBI's tolerance threshold; GDP growth at 7.3%: S&P
- Indian Railways trains cancelled today list, September 26: 207 trains fully cancelled, 39 trains diverted| IRCTC Trains Update
- Manmohan Singh Birthday: Meet the economic reformer and former Prime Minister - 10 points
- Rajasthan political crisis: Congress bigwigs to intervene as Ashok Gehlot vs Sachin Pilot fight escalates
Silver futures slide Rs 141 per kg on profit-booking
Silver prices were down by Rs 141 to Rs 40,337 per kg in futures trade today as traders cut down their bets at prevailing levels, ignoring firm trend overseas.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, silver for delivery in far-month March next year fell by Rs 141, or 0.35 per cent, to Rs 40,337 per kg in a business turnover of one lot.
Similarly, the white metal for delivery in December was trading lower by Rs 130, or 0.33 per cent, to Rs 39,669 per kg in 1,166 lots.
Market analysts attributed the weakness in silver futures to offloading of positions by speculators at prevailing levels but a firm trend in the precious metals overseas, restricted the losses.
Globally, silver traded 0.18 per cent higher at USD 17.08 an ounce in Singapore today.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.