- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
Sensex declines on inflation concerns; L&T top drag
Indian shares ended lower on Tuesday as accelerating inflation reduced the possibility of the central bank cutting interest rates at its next policy meeting.
Retail inflation picked up in October to a seven-month high, government data showed on Monday, driven by faster rises in prices of food and fuel products.
The broader NSE index closed 0.38 percent lower at 10,186.60, while the benchmark BSE index dropped 0.28 percent to 32,941.87.
Larsen & Toubro was the biggest drag with a decline of 2.45 percent.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.