- Double-digit salary hike! Survey says salaries in India likely to rise by this much in 2023
- Apple Diwali offer 2022 date and time: Instant cashback, free gifts, no cost EMI on iPhone, other products
- PVR-INOX merger update: Deal likely to be completed by February next year
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N deliveries begin: Check price, features, variants, colours
- Stock Market Today 26th Sep 2022: Top Gainers and Losers - What investors should know
Rs 4,300 cr earmarked for creating infra for Kumbh Mela
The Uttar Pradesh government has allotted Rs 4,300 crore for creating infrastructure necessary to conduct the Kumbh Mela 2019, scheduled to begin from January 15, the state's Minister of Excise and Prohibition Jai Pratap Singh said here Saturday.
Participating in an event organised by trade body FICCI Tamil Nadu Council, he said, the Prayagraj (Allahabad) has UNESCO's intangible cultural heritage of humanity acknowledgement.
The Kumbh Mela is expected to witness an attendance over 20 lakh devotees, he said, adding the whole idea behind the event was to promote 'spiritual tourism'.
"The UP government is making efforts to familiarise the world with high-quality life, conduct and thoughts of Indian culture through the Kumbh Mela," he said.
Besides stepping up transportation connectivity for devotees to reach the Mela area, over 40,000 LED lights have been installed at the venue, he said
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.