- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
Punjab & Sind Bank Q3 net profit at Rs 22 cr
State-owned Punjab & Sind Bank Tuesday reported a net profit of Rs 22 crore in the third quarter ended December 2018.
It had reported a loss of Rs 258 crore in the corresponding period of 2017-18, according to a release by the company.
The bank's total income increased during the quarter to Rs 2,337.13 crore as against Rs 2,178.69 crore in the corresponding period of 2017-18.
Gross non-performing assets (NPAs) rose to 11.19 per cent of the gross advances at the end of the quarter, against 10.95 per cent in the year-ago period.
However, net NPAs declined to 6.90 per cent, compared with 7.20 per cent a year ago.
As a result, provisions for bad loans increased to Rs 453.88 crore during October-December 2018, against Rs 417.51 crore in the third quarter of the previous fiscal.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.