- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
Procure groundnut as prices crash below MSP: K'taka to Centre
Concerned over crash in groundnut prices below the MSP, Karnataka Agriculture Minister Byre Gowda today demanded that the central government start procurement of the commodity and protect farmers' interest.
The issue was discussed in detail at a meeting with Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh, who has promised to look into the matter.
"Groundnut crop is very good in the state. As a result, prices have fallen below the minimum support price (MSP). We have asked the Centre to start the procurement," Gowda told
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.