- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
Over 1k kg narcotics, Rs 49 cr FICN seized: BSF
The BSF said today it has seized over 1,000 kgs of narcotics, fake currency with a face value of Rs 49.44 crore and more than 1.20 cattle heads from along the Pakistan and Bangladesh borders over the last year.
As per official data, the border guarding force seized 9,807 kgs of narcotics from the eastern frontier (India- Bangaldesh border) and 439.21 kgs from the western sector (India-Pakistan border) between December 2016 to October this year.
It also seized fake Indian currency notes (FICN) with a face value of Rs 49.44 crore and 1,20,578 cattle from the eastern boundary during the same period, the data said.
A total of 50 arms and 606 ammunition rounds were also captured by the force from the two borders during that time, it said.
The Border Security Force, raised in 1965, comprises about 2.5 lakh personnel and is the country's largest border guarding force.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.