- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Nvidia beats fourth-quarter profit estimates, shares rise
Nvidia Corp on Thursday reported fourth-quarter profit above Wall Street estimates, sending its shares up 9 percent in extended trading.
The company has entered into newer growth areas such as data centres, artificial intelligence and self-driving cars as it looks beyond its bread-and-butter business of selling chips that enhance video game graphics.
Nvidia has grown at a rapid pace in the past few years, but a slowdown in China and a fading cryptocurrency craze have started to weigh on its operations.
Fourth-quarter total revenue fell to $2.21 billion from $2.91 billion, but came above its already lowered estimate of $2.20 billion.
The chip designer also forecast first-quarter revenue below Wall Street estimates on Thursday.
It now expects revenue of $2.20 billion, plus or minus 2 percent, for the quarter. Analysts on average were expecting revenue of $2.28 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
Excluding items, Nvidia earned 80 cents per share, above analysts` estimates of 75 cents.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.