- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
`No of houses sanctioned under PMAY will reach 75 lakh before
Union Housing Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said Saturday that the number of houses sanctioned under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana would reach 7.5 million before the code of conduct for Lok Sabha polls comes into force.
"We did an assessment and discovered that one crore homes would have to be built by 2022. We have a Central Monitoring and Sanctioning Committee which meets every month, under the chairmanship of secretary of Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry," he said at a function here.
"I am happy to inform that they are sanctioning up to 5,000 (proposals) every month. We have already sanctioned 7.2 million and before the code of conduct is implemented I expect we will take it to 7.5 million," the minister said.
Talking about proposed regulations and guidelines to protect middle-class and affluent senior citizens who move into old-age homes, the minister said the draft is ready and he will send it to the chief ministers soon.
Puri said the country has over 250 million senior citizens, and there is a need to look at their issues as they enter a new phase after leading a productive life.
Talking about Integrated Command and Control Centres for Smart Cities, the minister said 30 such centres are fully functional, and the number will rise to 50 by the end of this year.
These centres will function as the city's nervous system, he said.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.