- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Nickel futures shed 1.24 pc on weak global cues
Tracking a weak trend overseas, nickel prices fell by 1.24 per cent to Rs 757.20 per kg in futures market today as participants cut down bets.
Furthermore, tepid demand from consuming industries particularly alloy-makers, at the domestic spot markets, weighed on the prices.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, nickel for delivery in November was down by Rs 9.50, or 1.24 per cent to Rs 757.20 per kg in a business turnover of 967 lots.
In a similar fashion, the metal for delivery in December eased by Rs 8.20, or 1.06 per cent to Rs 762.40 per kg in 103 lots.
Analysts attributed the fall in nickel futures to a weak trend overseas where it retreated by 1.30 per cent at the London Metal Exchange after rising 2 per cent yesterday and muted demand from alloy-makers at the domestic spot markets.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.