- Inflation may fall to 5.2 pc next fiscal on normal rains, ease in supplies: RBI report
- Navratan SIP on Zee Business: Buy Avanti Feeds Limited Share - Check price target
- Govt to set up 100 5G labs to promote innovation: IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Indian Railways' 148 trains fully cancelled; Duronto rescheduled, Humsafar Express diverted - Check IRCTC refund rule
- Further rate hike to hit real estate sector badly, says realtors' body Credai
Jeera futures up 0.74 pc on rising domestic demand
Jeera prices increased by Rs 140, or 0.74 per cent, to close at Rs 19,000 per quintal in futures trade today as participants raised bets, tracking a firm trend at spot market on rising domestic demand.
Further, tight stocks position following restricted arrivals from the growing regions fuelled the uptrend.
At the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, jeera for delivery in December rose Rs 140, or 0.74 per cent, to close at Rs 19,000 per quintal with an open interest of 9,330 lots.
On similar lines, the contract for current month was trading higher at Rs 18,675, up by 0.62 per cent, or Rs 115 per quintal with an open interest at 4,602 lots.
Analysts said the rise in jeera prices at futures trade was supported by increased buying by retailers and stockists at the spot market amid restricted supplies from producing regions.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.