- Microsoft-Activision Blizzard deal: These 2 Rakesh Jhunjhunwala portfolio's gaming stocks to benefit maximum from US biggest tec
- Will Nifty hit fresh record highs? Experts see these 5 triggers in Budget 2022
- Technical Check: This footwear stock with a Mcap of over Rs 25,000 cr is on track to hit life highs; here’s why
- Budget 2022 Expectations: 'Promotion of legal certainty, global consistency will foster innovation and investments in cybersecur
- Dalal Street Voice: Focus on IT and Pharma as they are immunised from lockdowns: Somnath Mukherjee of ASK Wealth Advisors
IOC posts nearly 18 percent jump in Q2 profit, but misses estimates
Indian Oil Corp Ltd
Net profit of the country`s top refiner rose to 36.96 billion rupees ($568.35 million) in the three months through Sept. 30, from 31.22 billion rupees a year earlier. http://bit.ly/2zaXb9q
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 63.45 billion rupees, Thomson Reuters data showed.
Revenue from operations climbed about 10 percent to 1.11 trillion rupees, the company said on Friday.
Average gross refining margins slipped to $6.08 per barrel in the April-September period from $7.19 per barrel in the same period last year.
Shares in IOC were down 5.1 percent as of 0847 GMT, on NSE Nifty, was 0.1 percent higher.
($1 = 65.0300 Indian rupees)
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.