- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Hulu cuts price of most popular plan by 25 percent
Hulu is cutting the price of its most popular monthly plan by $2 to $5.99, making it one of the most affordable video streaming services in the United States as the company locks horns with Netflix and Amazon to lure more subscribers.
As part of changes announced on Wednesday, Hulu will also hike the price of its live TV option, already its highest priced plan, by $5 to $44.99 per month.
The changes by the streaming company, which is jointly owned by Walt Disney Co
Streaming services including Hulu, Netflix and Amazon`s
Hulu announced this month that it finished 2018 with more than 25 million subscribers in the United States, while Netflix had 58.5 million subscribers in the country as of September. Globally, Netflix counted around 139 million users at the end of 2018.
The competition is only expected to intensify with AT&T
Hulu also said it would keep the price of its ad-free version at $11.99 per month.
Its pricing changes will take effect starting Feb. 26 for new subscribers, while existing users will see the changes after that date.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.