- Double-digit salary hike! Survey says salaries in India likely to rise by this much in 2023
- Apple Diwali offer 2022 date and time: Instant cashback, free gifts, no cost EMI on iPhone, other products
- PVR-INOX merger update: Deal likely to be completed by February next year
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N deliveries begin: Check price, features, variants, colours
- Stock Market Today 26th Sep 2022: Top Gainers and Losers - What investors should know
Huawei targets European expansion with mid-priced smartphone
The new Honor View20, launched in China in December, was presented in Paris on Tuesday. The phone has a 48 mega pixel camera that can take several pictures at once and combine the best qualities from each in a single photo.
It also has a second camera that can take 3D pictures and a 25 mega pixel in-screen front camera for selfies. The smartphone starts at 549 euros ($624).
The appeal of Honor - a sub-brand in Huawei`s smartphone portfolio - is that it has many of the advanced features of the company`s premium line of Huawei-brand phones at significantly lower cost.
"They`re really trying to build up the brand in Europe," said Annette Zimmermann, an analyst at Gartner.
She said Honor started as a cheaper alternative to Huawei`s more expensive smartphones, but that the firm was now gradually increasing the prices for the Honor brand.
Europe has become the second-biggest market for Huawei, making it a major region for further international expansion as the company also tries to bolster its presence in the United States.
Huawei overtook Apple
The Chinese company had a market share of 13.4 percent worldwide in the third quarter last year, compared with 18.9 percent for Samsung and 11.8 percent for Apple, according to Gartner.
($1 = 0.8797 euros)
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.