- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
HP govt to consider setting up agri commission: Minister
The Himachal Pradesh government will consider setting up an agriculture commission, a state minister said Friday.
Agriculture Minister Ram Lal Markanda during a meeting of Himachal Kisan Union here said that he would raise the matter with the chief minister.
The Union has demanded setting up og an agriculture commission.
The minister said that the state government is committed for protecting the interests of farmers and several steps have already been taken in this direction.
The agriculture minister said that the government is considering to set up maize based industry in Mandi, tomato based industries in Solan and chips based industries in Kangra to benefit thousands of farmers of the state.
The farmer union also raised the issue of damage to crops by stray animals. The Minister said that the state government is working on war footings to overcome this problem.
The government is giving 80 percent subsidy to farmers for installing solar fencing so their crops can be saved from stray animals. Besides, state government is committed to build cow shelters in all districts, he said adding that the first cow shelter is being constructed in Kotla of Sirmaur district.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.